Friday, December 17, 2010

Music

I'm sitting here waiting on my husband to get home from work so we can go finish our Christmas shopping....listening to music.  Up until college I really didn't listen to much music other than Contemporary Christian music and what we were playing in band.  After meeting two of my best friends in college (Amy and Dwayne) and my future husband (Matt), I realized how moving and life changing music can be.  They all had such a huge passion for music and words that I was left speechless by their conversations about it...both because I had no idea who they were talking about and because I was amazed by their enthusiasm and love for it.  I began to figure out what I liked and didn't like, and realized that maybe secular music wasn't of the devil.  LOL.  Music speaks to me more than a sermon, more than an inspirational speaker, more than a class.  I am so thankful that I made friends who encouraged me to explore what I liked and that I had the courage to do it.  It's one of the things I want to pass on to my kids early and hope that they can experience it much earlier than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment